User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Mr. T and Alex voluntered at the JR FLL Expo as judges.  It was a great experience to witness the passion of the JR FLL teams.  While we only got to judge a single team, it was a great experience and we look forward to doing it again in the future!

20180128 134931

 

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Today, I worked on a small little HTML print thing to print out engineering notebooks (abbreviated E.N. for the rest of this).

The way it works is that content is loaded into each page according to the Letter page size (8.5" by 11") by default.  I'm aiming for a printing style similar to Google Docs.  I'm going to work on a decent-looking page first before I get into advanced JavaScript and CSS.

 

Code so far:

<html><head>
<style>body{font-family:sans-serif}div#main{width:8.5in;display:table;margin:0 auto}div#main>div.paper{height:11in;margin-bottom:20px}@media print{.noprint{display:none !important}}@media screen{div#main>div.paper{border:2px solid #CCC;padding:1in}}div#webHeader{height:100px;width:100%;padding:20px;margin-bottom:20px;border-bottom:2px solid #ccc;vertical-align:middle}</style></head><body><div id="webHeader" class="noprint"><h1>header test</h1></div><div id="main"><div class="paper"><h1>superextraextralongtestheadertestforcssoverflowtesting</h1></div><div class="paper"><h1>Test</h1></div></div></body></html>

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

In preparation for the upcoming robotics competition I was tasked with 3-D designing and 3-D printing miniaturized relics from the relic recovery challenge that have holes in them that will allow key rings to be added so we can give them away to everyone who wants them at the competition. I originally was going to 3-D design the relic from scratch but I figured out that I could download the cad file for the playing field and use the file that is provided for the relic and put a hole in the top of it for the aforementioned key ring. Below are pictures of the cad files, a picture of the 3-D printer printing the relics and a link to download the cad files for yourself. 

 

IMG 1964ralic

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Tonight I finished up a project I worked on over a saturday meeting that I am really happy about. I began with a junky prototype of scrap wood that I could place the gears on, but I originallly placed the gears on seprate arms. What needed to happen was one had to be on the axis to allow them to mesh.

IMG_1702.JPG

Once I got a chance I cut out a "robotic" shape from plywood for the links.

 

IMG_1707.JPG

Then I used a holesaw to create pulgs for the middle.

IMG_1703.JPGIMG_1704.JPG

After attaching the links and gears I realized they wouldn't turn because of small nubs on the back of the gear, which I removed with a hacksaw.

IMG_1705.JPG

I went out and bought a grade 8 bolt with a smooth shank for an axis, and it was slightly to long, but about 6 washers fixed that.

IMG_1706.JPG

Finally I bought some tie-down straps for my arm, and attached it with a staple gun.

 

IMG_1700 (1).JPG

And the final product!!!

IMG_1699.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

In preparation for the upcoming robotics competition I was tasked with 3-D designing and 3-D printing miniaturized relics from the relic recovery challenge that have holes in them that will allow key rings to be added so we can give them away to everyone who wants them at the competition. I originally was going to 3-D design the relic from scratch but I figured out that I could download the cad file for the playing field and use the file that is provided for the relic and put a hole in the top of it for the aforementioned key ring. Below are pictures of the cad files, a picture of the 3-D printer printing the relics and a link to download the cad files for yourself. The STL file is located here: https://tc3.dattodrive.com/index.php/s/lVYZAOKpj1Ayrpp  and it includes the hole for the keychain to attach to.  We scale them on our 3d printer to be 30mm tall (y).  We located red vinyl pinstripping on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FL7CH0M and we are using these keychains to complete the package: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07439QHLM  Putting the tape on is a bit time consuming and tricky (it takes a steady hand)

We have also printed some smaller scale ones that we will attempt to make into earings and will update the blog on the success or failure.

20171205 093257IMG 1964ralic